Quit Smoking Program
Help starts here.
It’s hard to quit smoking.
And though most smokers are well-educated about tobacco’s harmful effects, they still do it anyway. But why? From poor lung function, to a weaker immune system, to the increase risk for a number of cancer types, there’s a lot of science that goes against smoking.
There are really 2 things that make quitting difficult:
- Our brain has to get used to not having nicotine around.
- Smoking has been so heavily engrained into our daily lives that we have to develop new routines that don’t involve smoking.
Our program at the Capital Health Lung Center of Excellence offers advanced help to those looking to quit smoking, once and for all. With clinically certified tobacco cessation specialists leading the program, we provide a customized approach depending on your unique needs, including:
- A personalized strategy to reduce and ultimately stop tobacco use
- Nicotine replacement therapy
- Individual and group counseling services
- Alternative treatment options
How it works:
The Capital Health Quit Smoking Program is free-of-cost to its participants.
Group therapy sessions meet weekly and range from 6 to 8 people per session. Participants must be fully committed to quitting, and therefore should expect to be available to attend meetings, whether in person or virtually.
To speak to someone about questions or concerns you may have, please reach out to us at 1-844-303-LUNG (5864) or at 609.947.7147.